Looking for your next creative challenge? Join us!
Senior Brand Designer
We’re looking for a new Senior Brand Designer to join us at Taylor & Grace. We’re a boutique Melbourne brand agency and we’re looking for someone who’s full of curiosity, creativity, and playfulness to join our team.
We believe in and foster a highly creative environment. You’ll be working alongside brand strategists, copywriters, and other designers on a wide range of work. You’ll need to be comfortable crafting brands based on brand strategy, leading and participating in ideation sessions, presenting your concepts and ideas internally and with clients, as well as giving and receiving creative feedback. You will be creating brands, as well as activating them through campaigns. We are growing and you should feel comfortable leading a team in the future.
As a strategy-led brand agency, all our brands are highly meaningful and are rooted in comprehensive brand strategy. Our brands forge an emotional connection, and are grounded in insightful brand research and strategy that bolster your designs.
We believe in working with brands that do good in the world, so most of the brands you’ll work with are B2B brands within the NFP or social enterprise sectors. Check out our website to see some of our recent work.
If you’re ready for the next step in your career, and your creativity – alongside a team and a culture that supports you to grow your own way – then we’d love to hear from you.
Salary range 85k-95k.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Designing brand concepts based on strategic insights for a broad range of businesses, products and services.
- Creating a wide range of graphics and layouts for both print and digital applications.
- Collaborating with brand strategists and copywriters to develop brand campaigns.
- Presenting concepts to clients, and implementing their feedback.
- Preparing finished art for digital and print artwork.
- Reviewing internal creative processes and suggesting improvements.
- Contributing to business development, marketing activities (eg. thought leadership, awards) and a positive, productive culture.
- Designing for web (Figma knowledge a plus)
- eDM design and template building / CMS (WordPress and basic coding a plus)
- 6-8 years’ design experience (ideally in a branding and design environment)
- A natural curiosity for strategic insights, creative process, client attitudes and behaviour – plus the role brands play in our everyday lives.
- Active listening and great communication skills with both clients and colleagues.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Proficiency with required desktop publishing tools, including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Understanding of brand design, website design, layout design, and production.
- Experience in animation would be a bonus and will be highly regarded
What Taylor & Grace offers:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible and remote working arrangements
- A personal learning budget to help you upskill in whatever area you’d like
- Connection to a wealth of industry knowledge and mentorship opportunities